Nechako Reservoir Update - December 11, 2020
Reporting Period: December 4 to December 11, 2020
- Reservoir level increased in the past 8 days from 2798.40 feet to 2798.55 feet.
- Due to continuing high inflow, Skins Lake Spillway discharge was increased from 71 m3/s to 85 m3/s on December 11, 2020. Water level in the Nechako River will gradually increase by approximately 10cm over the next week.
- As previously noted in these updates, Spillway discharge may be increased or decreased through the winter depending on inflow to the reservoir and snowpack. Additional changes to Spillway discharge may be required through the winter.
- Fifty-one (51) mm of precipitation was observed last week and seven (7) mm of precipitation is expected for next week.
- Ice has begun to form on many parts of the Nechako River which prevents accurate measurement of discharge. Discharge will be reported again in the Spring.
- Ice jams sometimes form during freeze up. Be cautious around the river, and particularly in low lying areas. If you notice an ice jam form, please notify Rio Tinto immediately by emailing NechakoReservoirUpdates@riotinto.com.
- You can monitor continuous reservoir elevation by clicking here. Select the Nechako Reservoir at Skins Lake Spillway and station number 08JA023. Reservoir normal maximum level is 12.55m on this gauge, which is equal to 853.44 m or 2800 feet.
- Please see below graphs for elevation and flow projections.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link