Nechako Reservoir Update - December 23, 2020
Reporting Period: December 18 to December 23, 2020
- Reservoir level has decreased in the past 6 days from 2798.50 feet to 2798.42 feet.
- Skins Lake Spillway discharge remains unchanged and is currently 85 m3/s.
- As previously noted in these updates, Spillway discharge may be increased or decreased through the winter depending on inflow to the reservoir and snowpack. Additional changes to Spillway discharge may be required through the winter.
- Twenty-two (22) mm of precipitation was observed last week and six (6) mm of precipitation is expected for next week.
- Ice has begun to form on many parts of the Nechako River which prevents accurate measurement of discharge. Discharge will be reported again in the Spring.
- Ice jams sometimes form during freeze up. Be cautious around the river, and particularly in low lying areas. If you notice an ice jam form, please notify Rio Tinto immediately by emailing NechakoReservoirUpdates@riotinto.com.
- You can monitor continuous reservoir elevation by clicking here. Select the Nechako Reservoir at Skins Lake Spillway and station number 08JA023. Reservoir normal maximum level is 12.55m on this gauge, which is equal to 853.44 m or 2800 feet.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link