Nechako Reservoir Update - December 3, 2020
Reporting Period: November 27 to December 3, 2020
- Reservoir level is unchanged in the past 7 days at 2798.40 feet.
- Skins Lake Spillway discharge increased from 70 m3/s to 71 m3/s in the past 7 days.
- Sixty-two (62) mm of precipitation was observed last week and eighteen (18) mm of precipitation is expected for next week.
- Ice has begun to form on many parts of the Nechako River which prevents accurate measurement of discharge. Discharge will be reported again in the Spring.
- Ice jams sometimes form during freeze up. Be cautious around the river, and particularly in low lying areas. If you notice an ice jam form, please notify Rio Tinto immediately by emailing NechakoReservoirUpdates@riotinto.com.
- You can monitor continuous reservoir elevation by clicking here. Select the Nechako Reservoir at Skins Lake Spillway and station number 08JA023. Reservoir normal maximum level is 12.55m on this gauge, which is equal to 853.44 m or 2800 feet.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link