Nechako Reservoir Update - March 18, 2021
Reporting Period: March 12 to March 18, 2021
- Reservoir level has decreased in the past 7 days from 2795.50 feet to 2795.17 feet.
- Skins Lake Spillway discharge was increased to 100 m3/s on March 17 to control reservoir level in advance of spring freshet.
- Eighteen (18) mm of precipitation was observed last week and twelve (12) mm of precipitation is expected for next week.
- Based on current conditions, there is a 90% chance that the Nechako Reservoir will not fill completely in 2021. Please refer to the illustration below regarding reservoir conditions.
- Ice cover on the Nechako River prevents accurate measurement of discharge. Discharge will be reported again in the Spring.
Be cautious around the river, and particularly in low lying areas. If you notice an ice jam form, please notify Rio Tinto immediately by emailing NechakoReservoirUpdates@riotinto.com.
- Please also see the public safety announcement from the District of Vanderhoof at http://www.vanderhoof.ca/nechako-river-ice-hazard-warning
- Real-time and historical information on reservoir activity can be viewed at any time by clicking here.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link