Nechako Reservoir Update - March 25, 2021
Reporting Period: March 19 to March 25, 2021
- Reservoir level has decreased in the past 7 days from 2795.17 feet to 2794.79 feet.
- Skins Lake Spillway discharge has remained in the range of 99m3/s to 100 m3/s in the past 7 days. Discharge may be increased in the coming weeks in anticipation of Spring freshet.
- Nine (9) mm of precipitation was observed last week and five (5) mm of precipitation is expected for next week.
- Based on current conditions, there is a 90% chance that the Nechako Reservoir will not fill completely in 2021. Please refer to the illustration below regarding reservoir conditions.
- Nechako River discharge will be reported again in the Spring; however, the attached illustration provides estimated discharge.
Be cautious around the river, and particularly in low lying areas. If you notice an ice jam form, please notify Rio Tinto immediately by emailing NechakoReservoirUpdates@riotinto.com.
- Please also see the public safety announcement from the District of Vanderhoof at http://www.vanderhoof.ca/nechako-river-ice-hazard-warning
- Real-time and historical information on reservoir activity can be viewed at any time by clicking here.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link