Nechako Reservoir Update - October 29, 2020
Reporting Period: October 23 to October 29, 2020
- Reservoir level has increased in the past 7 days from 2797.88 feet to 2797.91 feet.
- Skins Lake Spillway discharge was increased from 50 m3/s to 150 m3/s in the past 7 days to manage inflow to the reservoir due to heavy rain events over the past few weeks.
- Water level in the Nechako River at Vanderhoof is expected to rise by approximately 1.0 m above its current level over the next 14 days.
- Nechako River flow discharge changes in the past 7 days at various locations are as follows:
- Flow at Nautley is unchanged at 19 m3/s.
- Flow at Vanderhoof increased from 67 m3/s to 73 m3/s.
- Flow at Cheslatta Falls increased from 41 m3/s to 51 m3/s.
- Thirty-two (32) mm of precipitation was observed last week and forty-two (42) mm of precipitation is expected for next week.
- You can monitor continuous reservoir elevation by clicking here. Select the Nechako Reservoir at Skins Lake Spillway and station number 08JA023. Reservoir normal maximum level is 12.55m on this gauge, which is equal to 853.44 m or 2800 feet.
- Please see graphs below for elevation and flow projections. To view real-time and historical information on reservoir activity, click here.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link